Created On: 04/21/2017
Location: Northwest Community Healthcare Wellness Center
Shift: Hourly, Days, weekends as needed
2 hrs/ week
The Pilates Reformer Instructor is responsible for facilitating member's connection with NCH Wellness Center through personalized fitness and lifestyle programs featuring our pilates reformer equipment to assist the members or guests in achieving their goals.
1. Provides program design and training progression options to members who are primarily apparently healthy to high risk. Informs new and current members on the benefits of pilates exercise and orients new members on the proper use of the pilates equipment to ensure safe and effective workouts. Provides supervision, exercise instruction and explains and demonstrates use of pilates refmmer equipment. Offers oral instruction on fitness technique and recommends corrective adjustments. Observes member engaged in pilates activities to ensure safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
2. Informs new and current members on the benefits of regular exercise and orients new members on the proper use of the facilities and equipment to ensure safe and effective workouts. Provides optimum support and encouragement to help members achieve desired fitness related goals. Follows up with current and past clients regarding their progress. Schedules and markets Pilates program through demos and lectures to maximize pilates studio utilization.
3. Solicits prospective clients both inside and outside of the club to develop and individual client base and assists in the growth and success of the Mind Body department. Serve as a Mentor and/or Educator to members and guests ofNCHWC. To achieve monthly Pilates Reformer reformer events and related revenue program targets, as established by NCHWC.
4. Based on an "apparently healthy" or "high tisk" member's request, provides Pilates Reformer services on a one-on-one or group basis. Develops exercise prescriptions and programs based on member's health and fitness needs and desires, specifYing pilates equipment and routines.
5. Provides adequate communication for scheduling appointments in the Pilates studio. Develops exercise prescriptions and programs based on member’s health, fitness needs, and desires specifying Pilates reformer, equipment and routines.
6. The Pilates Reformer instructor assists members with their use of the fitness, health and wellness programming options to increase levels of member satisfaction, referrals and retention. Greets each member or guest entering the fitness floor with an engaging and enthusiastic attitude and ensure that they get to know the members by name.
7. Develops meaningful member contacts, while monitoring the Pilates studio, to help members/guests achieve their health and fitness goals. Assist in facilitating personal contact between members/guests when they are in the pilates studio. Provides consistent, quality information to members regarding any aspect of the facility.
8. Assists with maintaining Pilates studio in a “camera ready” condition at all times. Performs daily equipment cleaning, and routine maintenance for Pilate’s reformer equipment as assigned by the Mind Body Programs Coordinator. Clearly tags or removes non-functioning equipment.
9. Schedules and completes a minimum of 10 pilates reformer sessions per week. Attends and actively participates in scheduled Pilates reformer meetings and all staff meetings. Provides training, coaching, and mentoring assistance for other staff under the guidance of the Mind Body Coordinator.
10. Establishes and maintains accurate, current documentation records for each member that results in increased compliance to pilates programs and increased member retention objectives.
11. Work cooperatively with all departments to ensure Center and department goals are met. Assists with other facility service responsibilities, including teaching group-fitness classes, as may be required to ensure that the facility delivers upon its NCHWC commitment to excellence.
12. Adheres to all Wellness Center and NCH standards, policies, and procedures.
1. The level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or equivalent work experience preferred.
2. Pilates Reformer Level 1, Pilates Mat Level 1 & 2 Certification
Pilates Reformer Level 1 & 2, Pilates Mat Level 1 & 2 Certification and participation and successful completion of one special population training certification.
Pilates Reformer Level 1 & 2, Pilates Mat Level 1 & 2 Certification and additional training in special populations and additional apparatus certification training completed by one of the following approved agencies: Pilates Institute of America (PIA); Physical Mind, Stott, Balance Body, BASI (Body Arts & Science International).
3. CPR/AED American Heart Association.
4. Completion of continuing education hours per year required to maintain Pilates Certifications.
5. The communication skills necessary to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and group situations.
6. The interpersonal skills necessary to interact with members and clients in a friendly and highly personable and supportive manner.
7. The organizational skills to systematically develop and provide an exercise regimen.